Monday 9 November 2020

The DRSABCD

WALT: Learn First aid. 
Today for first aid we learnt the acronym of DRSABCD.
D Danger look for danger for 5 seconds.
R Response see if they can respond. 
S Send for help and call 111. 
A Airway see if there tounge is blocking there airway. 
B Breathing see if they ae breathing check for 10 seconds.
C Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation. For CPR you push down on there heart and pump blood threw there body, and get oxygen to there brain. To do the right thing with your hand you link your hands and your knuckles together.
D Defib AED When the patient gets a shock to start there heart back up. 

I practised doing the DRSABCD on my buddy. 
I also tried doing CPR on a manikin it was very hard. 
You dont do it to a real person because you could stop there heart from pumping. 

We also practised doing bandages on other people. 


I really enjoyed learning about First aid.

Do you know the DRSABCD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post