Friday 20 November 2020

Year 7/8 sailing trip

 We are learning how to sail.

Yesterday the year 7/8s went sailing.

First when  we arrived Kerry met us at our bus and took us over to meet Neil and Laurrie. 

Neil started to teach us how to put the boat together and get into groups of 3. 

I went with Gabby and Jennah. We got our bits for our boat and put it together, so we did. After we built the boats we started practising staring and controling the sail. Soon after that we had our morning tea and got changed into our wetsuits if you had one. 

Next it was time to get into the water, the water was very warm first up it was Jennah I was getting quite nervous because I didnt want to get wet. 

And I didnt, but the day wasnt over it was only lunch time Neil said now you are going to go 2 people in a boat ao first up I went with Jennah and I broke the Tilller but it popped back on.

Then we had to go back to school. 

I had a great day sailing yesterday and I cant wait to go next year.

Here is my labels of the part of the boat. 


Have you ever been sailing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post